ICMC Elections Open August 15, Absentee Ballots Available Now
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 29, 2016) — Five Indiana corn farmers are running for Indiana Corn Marketing Council’s board of directors. The ICMC election takes place Aug. 15-19 at county Purdue Cooperative Extension Service offices across the state. Absentee voting is open throughAugust 12.
The ICMC board manages state corn checkoff investments and determines promotional, educational and research activities that can strengthen Indiana’s corn industry. Voting is open toIndiana corn producers, which are defined as: Any person engaged in the business of producing and marketing corn in Indiana under the producer’s own name or the name of an entity in which the producer has ownership.
The state is divided into nine districts with one director representing each of the districts and six At-Large seats representing the entire state of Indiana.
This year’s ICMC election will take place in Districts 1, 4, and 7. There are also two At-large seats up for election. Below are the candidates running in this year’s uncontested election.
- District 1: Natasha Cox, Benton County.
- District 4: Paul Hodgen, Putnam County.
- District 7: James (JR) Roesner, Dubois County.
- At Large: David Ring, Dubois County.
- At Large: Joshua Miller, Madison County.
Voting will take place at county extension offices Aug. 15-19, 2016. If you cannot visit the office at that time, you can also request an absentee ballot. They can be downloaded below or obtained by calling the ICMC office at 317-644-2791. Absentee ballots can be downloaded from ICMC website (www.incorn.org/elections) until Aug. 10 and must be postmarked by Aug. 12.
- District 1: The counties of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Starke, Pulaski, Jasper, White, Benton, and Newton. Click here to download an absentee ballot for District 1.
- District 4: The counties of Warren, Tippecanoe, Montgomery, Putnam, Owen, Clay, Vigo, Parke, Vermillion, Fountain. Click here to download an absentee ballot for District 4.
- District 7. The counties of Sullivan, Greene, Daviess, Martin, Knox, Dubois, Pike, Gibson, Warrick, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Posey. Click here to download an absentee ballot for District 7.
- The two At-Large seats represent the entire state of Indiana. Click here to download an absentee ballot for At-Large seats.
Newly-elected directors for districts 1, 4, 7 and the At-Large seats will serve three-year terms beginning Oct. 1, 2016. ICMC directors can serve three consecutive full terms or a total of nine consecutive years.
For full bios of the candidates and more information about the election process, visit www.incorn.org/elections or call Hannah Vorsilak at 1-877-267-6444.
The Indiana Corn Marketing Council was established by the Indiana General Assembly to promote the interest of corn growers in the state and manage corn checkoff funds. The Council is composed of 17 voting producer directors and seven appointed industry, and government representatives.
This communication was funded with corn checkoff dollars.