2014 Ethanol Economic Impact Study
The “Economic Impact of the Ethanol Industry on Indiana’s Economy in 2014” was prepared for the Indiana Corn Marketing Council to highlight the economic impact of Indiana’s ethanol industry. The study, completed in March 2015, was done by Informa Economics. In 2014, Indiana produced an estimated 989 million gallons of ethanol and had a net contribution to the state’s GSP of $934 million, including farmer income of $315 million.
- Download the full 2014 report here. (March 2015)
- Download the full 2013 report here. (updated June 2014)
2012 Corn Stover for Bioenergy Production
The Indiana Corn Marketing Council partially funded this study conducted by Purdue University to review the potential economics behind the innovative market of aviation biofuels.
- Development of a Viable Corn Stover Market: Impacts on Corn and Soybean Markets (pdf)
- Corn Stover for Bioenergy Production: Cost Estimates and Farmer Supply Response (pdf)
2011 Ethanol Economic Impact Study
The Indiana Corn Marketing Council’s 2011 Economic Impact Analysis of Indiana’s ethanol industry was conducted by Informa Economics to determine the direct and indirect economic effects of ethanol productionon o
A Techno Economic Analysis of the Corn Stover to Aviation Biofuels Supply Chain,
Comparison Between GTAP-Bio version 2004 and 2011
ther industries throughout the state. The study is the second installment of a previous study conducted in 2010.
National and Local Research
- A Techno Economic Analysis of the Corn Stover to Aviation Biofuels Supply Chain
- Comparison Between GTAP-Bio version 2004 and 2011
- National Corn Growers Association
- A Techno Economic Analysis of the Corn Stover to Aviation Biofuels Supply Chain.pdf
- Comparison Between GTAP-BIO version 2004 and 2011.pdf
*Updated January 2012