- Indiana livestock consumed 102 million bushels of corn in 2012. This is equivalent to 17% of all corn grown in Indiana in 2012.
- Corn is fed as an energy source to livestock.
- Because of our state’s livestock, $537 million dollars directly contributed to Indiana’s economic value. Learn more here.
Global Livestock Facts
- 4,450 million bushels of corn is consumed by the U.S. Poultry and livestock sectors.
- 1,035 million bushels of corn in the form of DDGs is fed to livestock.
For more information, visit the following:
- Myths and Facts about Animal Agriculture
- Common Ground answers your questions about animal welfare and food production
Sources: ProExporter (2012 data), Indiana University (2013 study using 2011 data). National Corn Growers Association (2012 data)